[Dixielandjazz] MILES DAVIS (yet again)

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:10:31 EST

In a message dated 29/12/02 11:08:25 PM, barbonestreet@earthlink.net writes:

<<  specifically
inserted it at the beginning it to protect you from wasting your time on
"claptrap, cakes and cake stands" and any exposure to the life, times,
witty sayings and jazz music of one Miles Davis, aka the "Prince of
Darkness." ;-) >>

Come off it Steve. I don't think either John or I were complaining about the
exposure to Miles Davis just the absolute drivel that is written about him.
His music can stand alone without the help of the so-called experts who seem
to live in a self perpetuating world of pretentious claptrap. If you want to
learn about Miles Davis listen to 'Birth of The Cool' or some of his other
recordings. Don't waste your time, energy and money on the sort of stuff
written by this man Shatz (Is that the past tense of a bodily function
activity?) and others of his ilk, spend it on buying the recordings.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,
U.K.