[Dixielandjazz] Re: Happy Every Day -- and the Holy-daze, too

jazzfact jazzfact@ozemail.com.au
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:16:34 +1000

Sorry dude, That=92s mime!

Pantomime on the other hand is a glorious riot of middle aged actors
charging around a stage doing an interactive kids comedy routine.The
yheme is often Cinderella or Snow White. It's usually watched by
hundreds of enthralled young children shouting "behind you".=20

Richard Stevens
www.ozemail.com.au/~jazzfact/

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Bill Gunter
Sent: Monday, 30 December 2002 5:17 AM
To: PLadd36932@aol.com
Cc: dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Happy Every Day -- and the Holy-daze,
too

Pat Ladd, British to the core, writes (in response to my claim that any
time=20
wasted is time well spent):

>Oh no its not! Oh yes it is!.
>
>Sorry ., I forgot that American culture does not include pantomime.

Not true, dude! You can go to any tourist gathering place such as=20
Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco or Times Square in New York and see=20
budding pantomimers in their white faced get-ups doing their favorite=20
pantomime schtick which is always being trapped in an invisible box
which is=20
relentlessly shrinking. It's wonderful! The onlooking crowd can always
be=20
counted upon to throw a few coins in the hat.

And people claim that performance art is dead in America. Pffaaahh!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Leaning with his elbow on an invisible mantle with his hand
hanging=20
down" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 3 months FREE*. =20
http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/junkmail&xAPID=3D42&PS=3D47575&PI=3D=
7324&DI
=3D7474&SU=3D=20
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=3D1216hotmailtaglines_smarts=