[Dixielandjazz] Novelty Recording - Who Are These Guys?

JBruno868@aol.com JBruno868@aol.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:50:59 EST

That was a great group. We used to drive a long way just to hear them. My mom
married John's dad Hurb so for many years we were kind of related. All the
musicians were so talented and the stylings of the songs from yesteryear made
the sound of the group so very different.

Hugs

Judie

------
<< No question in my my but Dick Baker is right. It is the Palm Springs Yacht
Club.

I have a recording somewhere with a couple of these tunes on it but I
haven't played it in some time.

By the way, the "razzberry" stuff is actually called "Bi-labial fricitation
and is performed mainly by Westy but John Reynolds is equally talented in
the fricitation department.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Phhhhhtttt!" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com >>