[Dixielandjazz] Shirt Tail found in my storage

glen page gpage@direct.ca
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:17:26 -0800

After seeing repeated references to S.T.Stomp over the past few days
something prompted me to search through my"stuff" as the title rang a bell.

I pulled out a RCA Camden lp, CAL 446, titled "Dixieland and New Orleans
Jazz" that I remember buying at Woolworth's in Regina in 1960.

The tunes contained are Orig. Dixieland One-Step, ODDB, / High Soc, JRM,/
Royal Garden Bl. Manone,/

What Is This Thing Called Love? Bechet,/West End Bl. Oliver,/ Lost, Mezz,/
Dixieland Stomp, Chubby Jackson,/

San, Whiteman,/  Jazzz Me Bl. Berigan,/ Shirt Tail Stomp, Pollack/  N.O.
Twist ,Gene Gifford,/

Farewell Bl. Chamber Music Soc. Of Lower Basin St.

The record was a cheapie, not more than $1.98, do not forget though that in
those days the Canadian dollar was worth more than that of the USA.There is
no discographical information on the sleeve however most of it is covered by
Rust and I am sure that Lord will have all of it listed.

Funny I should have this record, I'm sure that it was the cost that prompted
me to buy it as most of the content is not MYCOM, except as a curiosity
item.I'm going to spin it now and see what I have been missing for all these
years.

 Have a good one everybody.

Cheers, Glen.