[Dixielandjazz] Vicious attack - so square, it's hip

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:19:05 -0600

From: "Bill Gunter" <jazzboard@hotmail.com>

[polite snippet] "... Jazz will come around again although it may be a bit
more vulgar than we'd be comfortable with..."

Bill and Listmates,
This reminds me of something written in the new tabloid promo for the Sacto.
Jubilee: Last year, Barbone accused this same promo of being too "corny."
Well, Steve, this year's cover has a David Letterman-style "Top Ten List" of
reasons why it's "cool" to attend the Jubilee. My favorite is reason #2:

"2. It's so incredibly square that it transcends the boundaries and becomes
hip..."