[Dixielandjazz] Showcase of Israeli Music

Tom Wood zenith@ans.com.au
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:29:38 +1100

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C2A99C.A5FE8B70

Shalom Elazar,

Do you remember sitting in with our band in Sydney?  (maybe it was too =
painful).  I was recently invited to deputise for a banjo playing =
festival director in UK, via the first secretary of cultural affairs at =
the Embassy, to attend a "Showcase of Israeli Music" in Tel-Aviv but =
after much thought decided against it.  Was the whole invite a joke or =
for real, it took place in Tel-Aviv from 15-21 Decmber and is just =
finished?  The event featured a variety of music such as: World Music, =
Jazz, Alternative and Pop.  Directors of international festivals, =
promoters and journalists from around the world were to be attending as =
well as the Director of the Montreux jazz festival in Switzerland where =
we played in 2000.

They were hoping that it would "open the doors for future possibilities =
of collaborations and exchanges."  I did reply to my colleague saying we =
would attend the function and would be taking James Morrison (An =
Australian trumpet showcase expert) with us as pilot cadging a lift in =
his private plane for the trip and flying low for obvious reasons.  In =
replying to my colleague I also warned him, that as a banjo playing =
musician's labourer it was a wise decision for him not to attend.

As a big built American now living in Israel I hope I have not blown =
your FBI or CIA under cover operations at the Ministry of Jazz in =
Jerusalem?  Nice to hear from you - hope the band makes Israel sometime =
in the future.

Cheers
Tom Wood
zenith@ans.com.au
www.ans.com.au/~zenith
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C2A99C.A5FE8B70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Shalom Elazar,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Do you remember sitting in with our =
band in=20
Sydney?&nbsp; (maybe it was too painful).&nbsp; I was recently invited =
to=20
deputise for a banjo playing festival director in UK, via the first =
secretary of=20
cultural affairs at the Embassy, to attend a "Showcase of Israeli Music" =
in=20
Tel-Aviv but after much thought decided against it.&nbsp; Was the whole =
invite a=20
joke or for real, it took place in Tel-Aviv from 15-21 Decmber and is =
just=20
finished?&nbsp;&nbsp;The event featured a variety of music such as: =
World Music,=20
Jazz, Alternative and Pop.&nbsp; Directors of international festivals, =
promoters=20
and journalists from around the world were to be attending as well as =
the=20
Director of the Montreux jazz festival in Switzerland where we played in =

2000.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They were hoping that it would "open =
the doors for=20
future possibilities of collaborations and exchanges."&nbsp; I did reply =
to my=20
colleague saying we would attend the function and would be taking James =
Morrison=20
(An Australian trumpet&nbsp;showcase expert) with us as pilot cadging a =
lift in=20
his private plane for the trip and flying low for obvious reasons.&nbsp; =
In=20
replying to my colleague I&nbsp;also warned him, that as a banjo playing =

musician's labourer it was a wise decision for him not to =
attend.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As a big built American now living in =
Israel I hope=20
I have not blown your FBI or CIA under cover operations&nbsp;at the =
Ministry of=20
Jazz in Jerusalem?&nbsp; Nice to hear from you - hope the band makes =
Israel=20
sometime in the future.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tom Wood</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:zenith@ans.com.au">zenith@ans.com.au</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.ans.com.au/~zenith">www.ans.com.au/~zenith</A></FONT><=