[Dixielandjazz] Hello, Trad Jazz Fans - Creole Jazz Updates, CD News, New Web Page

Creole Dixieland Jazz Band dixielandjazz@myexcel.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:27:39 -0600

Hi, Trad Jazz Fans. Here's the latest Creole Dixieland Jazz Band news.

Dave

===========

The several-times-a-year internet newsletter of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. *** If you do not want to receive any more emails about the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band, just reply and let us know. ***

Greetings, Jazz Fan!

THE CDs ARE IN!
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band's latest CD, "Messin' Around", recorded in October/November of this year live at our weekly Sunday night jazz spot is now available! If you've already placed an order or want to pick up a great last minute STOCKING STUFFER just come by our regular weekly gig at Arris' Pizza this Sunday night, December 22 and pick up two or three. (If you live out of town, I'll mail yours to you.) The CD contains some great tunes including "Messin' Around", "Louisiana", "Margie", "When You're Smiling", "Dallas Blues", "Everybody Loves My Baby", "By and By", "1919 Rag", "Muskrat Ramble" and more! For more info, see our website: http://www.creolejazz.com

ALL NEW WEBSITE LOOK!
Our website, http://www.creolejazz.com, has a whole new look. It reflects our latest personnel lineup including Billy Hunt on cornet and Mike Marois on tuba. It has new photos. You can even HEAR clips from the new CD. Check it out!

GREAT TUNES!
We've added and played these tunes lately: "Fidgety Feet", "The Original Dixieland One-Step", "Limehouse Blues", and "Clementine From New Orleans". We've also done old stand-bys like: "Basin Street Blues", "Sin To Tell a Lie", "I Wish't I Was in Peoria", and "It Had to Be You". Come by Arris' every Sunday night and request/hear your favorite New Orleans jazz numbers.

GREAT PLAYERS!
Terrific players have helped us recently: Billy Hunt and Mark Brueggemann on cornet, Jerry Hoover, Steve Patke, and Dick Turner on clarinet and soprano saxophone, Red Ormsbee on trombone, Harry Beckett, Jerry Haden, and Daniel Hancock on piano, Mike Marois on tuba, Ned Wilkinson on acoustic bass, Mark Pearl and Ron Fink on drums, Steve Mann, Jerry Haden, and Rudy Stretesky on vocals. For a complete list of our players and guests, see our webpage: http://www.creolejazz.com.

EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT - STILL!
We're still at Arris' Pizza every Sunday night from 6:30 till 8:30 playing hot, New Orleans Dixieland jazz and are just having a blast! We're not letting up for the holidays -- we'll be there this Sunday, December 22 and the following Sunday, December 29 just like always. It is recommended that you make a reservation as Arris' has been full nearly every Sunday night for quite some time: 417-881-7260.

THANK YOU
Thanks for your continued support of live jazz. A steady, live, Dixieland jazz job is a rare thing these days and your attendance on Sunday nights helps keep this great American traditional music alive. Thank you!

Please share this email with anyone you know who likes traditional, New Orleans Dixieland jazz. See you Sunday!

Dave Gravatt
"It's a treat to beat your feet"
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
http://www.creolejazz.com
Springfield, Missouri
417-581-5626
Live, hot, traditional New Orleans Dixieland jazz from 6:30 till 8:30 every Sunday night except Easter and the Superbowl at Arris' Pizza, 1332 E. Republic Road, Springfield, Missouri, 417-881-7260.