[Dixielandjazz] This Is Ragtime

fred spencer drjz@bealenet.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:15:58 -0500

These are a few more ragtime books -
William J. Schafer and Johannes Riedel. The Art of Ragtime. Da Capo Press,
1977.
David A. Jasen and Trebor Jay Tichenor. Rags and Ragtime, A Musical History.
Seabury Press, 1978.
David A. Jasen. Recorded Ragtime.1897-1958. Archon Books, 1973.
David A Jasen and Gene Black. Black Bottom Stomp. Eight Masters of Regime
and Early Jazz. Routledge, 2002.
John Edward Hasse.  Ragtime, Its History, Composers, and Music. Schirmer
Books, 1985.
(Hasse's Jazz The First Century was published by William Morrow in 2000).
If you want more bibliographical data (ISBN, pagination, illustrations)
please email me. Thanks.
Fred