Fw: Fw: [Dixielandjazz] test

BDZeiger@aol.com BDZeiger@aol.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:29:18 -0500

Thanks, Bob! I've already learned a lot by reading other posts, and I'm excited about learning more.
Now - where is the best place to start? I am a "legit" trumpet player who has dabbled in jazz in the past, but primarily as a lead or section player in a big band. I've never really had call to learn to improvise as every band I played in had a good improviser in the section.
I listen a lot to Jim Cullum out of San Antonio and am awed by what he does.
There is no Dixieland style band here in Huntsville Alabama where I live and work, so, other than starting a band with other guys who know as much or less than me, how do I develop this style?
Finally, what does OKOM mean? :)

Thanks for any and all help.

Bruce Zeiger