[Dixielandjazz] This Is Ragtime

Snogpitch snogpitch@prodigy.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:42:26 -0500

I too enjoyed the Waldo book.  I was fortunate enough to live near a PBS
radio station in the 70s that aired Waldo's This is Ragtime show.  Finding
the book years later was a flashback to the program I had to catch 20 plus
years ago.

I also have the Gammond's book but haven't read it yet.

One I'm currently reading is A Life in Ragtime - A Biography of James Reese
Europe.  So far the details are a bit overwhelming compared to most
biographies I have read over the years.  I searched for this book after
finding at our local library a CD collection of James Reese Europe's music.

I'm always looking for informative reading material on Ragtime.  From what
I've seen listed, I've got a couple good ones, at least.

--
Snogpitch

snogpitch@prodigy.net
ICQ: 4989342