[Dixielandjazz] Musical Heavens

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:34:09 EST

--part1_a6.3126e1ec.2b2e5d61_boundary

In a message dated 12/15/02 11:42:33 AM Central Standard Time,
bgrouptx@yahoo.com writes:

> Good morning!  Although I'm a newbie (subscriber) to your daily digest, I
> have been a jazz fan all my life because of my wonderful Dad, Tommy Loy.
> How lucky I am to have had such a remarkable musician with a great sense of
> humor as my Dad - boy do I miss him.  But with the recent passing of
> several great musicians I know there's one helluva band playing up there
> right now!
>
> I want you all the know how much our family appreciates your love, support,
> e-mails & prayers during the past few months.  I know you all miss his keen
> sense of humor and insight.  I'm in the process of setting up The Tommy Loy
> Foundation which will benefit aspiring trumpet players at SMU (where Dad
> went to school) & The Univeristy of North Texas as well as the SPCA.
>
> Look for more information after the new year.  Again,  thank you all for
> everything you did for Dad - I know he is watching down on all of us with
> that twinkle in his eye & that sweet smile.  I wish you and your families a
> very blessed holiday season.
>
> Lindi Loy Boyer, 4145 Emerson, Dallas, Texas  75205 <A HREF="mailto:bgrouptx@yahoo.com">bgrouptx@yahoo.com</A>

   Thank you for your kind thoughts about your father.  Those of us who knew
Tommy very much miss him.  I miss him for the things that you mention and
then some.

   I would like to mention that Judi K was going to ask him if he would come
up here ( Chicago area) to appear with her at the Bunny Berigan Festival in
wisconsin last spring.  Something got in the way of that and it never came
about.  We wish that it had.  He stayed with Judi and I when he came up here
for my 'retirement' party in sept. 2001.  We had a great time chatting etc.

I would like to quote a verse from a poignant civil war song that was beloved
on both sides:   "the Vacant Chair"

We shall meet and we will miss him
There will be a vacant chair
we will linger to caress him
when we breathe our evening prayer......

Jim Beebe

--part1_a6.3126e1ec.2b2e5d61_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3>In a message dated 12/15/02 11:42:33 AM Central Standard Time, bgrouptx@yahoo.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Good morning!&nbsp; Although I'm a newbie (subscriber) to your daily digest, I have been a jazz fan all my life because of my wonderful Dad, Tommy Loy.&nbsp; How lucky I am to have had such a remarkable musician with a great sense of humor as my Dad - boy do I miss him.&nbsp; But with the recent passing of several great musicians I know there's one helluva band playing up there right now!<BR>
<BR>
I want you all the know how much our family appreciates your love, support, e-mails &amp; prayers during the past few months.&nbsp; I know you all miss his keen sense of humor and insight.&nbsp; I'm in the process of setting up The Tommy Loy Foundation which will benefit aspiring trumpet players at SMU (where Dad went to school) &amp; The Univeristy of North Texas as well as the SPCA.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Look for more information after the new year.&nbsp; Again,&nbsp; thank you all for everything you did for Dad - I know he is watching down on all of us with that twinkle in his eye &amp; that sweet smile.&nbsp; I wish you and your families a very blessed holiday season.<BR>
<BR>
Lindi Loy Boyer, 4145 Emerson, Dallas, Texas&nbsp; 75205 <A HREF="mailto:bgrouptx@yahoo.com">bgrouptx@yahoo.com</A></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you for your kind thoughts about your father.&nbsp; Those of us who knew Tommy very much miss him.&nbsp; I miss him for the things that you mention and then some.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I would like to mention that Judi K was going to ask him if he would come up here ( Chicago area) to appear with her at the Bunny Berigan Festival in wisconsin last spring.&nbsp; Something got in the way of that and it never came about.&nbsp; We wish that it had.&nbsp; He stayed with Judi and I when he came up here for my 'retirement' party in sept. 2001.&nbsp; We had a great time chatting etc.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
I would like to quote a verse from a poignant civil war song that was beloved on both sides:&nbsp;&nbsp; "the Vacant Chair"<BR>
<BR>
We shall meet and we will miss him<BR>
There will be a vacant chair<BR>
we will linger to caress him<BR>
when we breathe our evening prayer......<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Jim Beebe<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_a6.3126e1ec.2b2e5d61_boundary--