[Dixielandjazz] gigs

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:27:58 +0100

We've just played two nites for a big get together of ballroom dancers.
They had two nites of about 3000 people per nite in a big gymnasium.
This is the second time we've played this gig, which is interspersed
with recorded music & a few exhibition dancing sets.

It's a completely different scene than the usual jazz club/concert gig.
Real nice to see everyone enjoying the beat.  The most successful tunes
of the nite were the medium tempo ones, mainly Mack the Knife & Amapola.
Swing tunes (Glenn Miller, etc.) go over well, also.

Tonight, we have a break, then 3 nites in a jazz club, our regular Thurs
hotel lounge gig, then another jazz club on Sat.  Dunno when I'm going
to do the Christmas shopping, what with a full days work to do, also.
Still, great to have a lot of gigs.

Jim