[Dixielandjazz] Arvell Shaw Obit

Jim Denham james@jiming.demon.co.uk
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:05:01 +0000

Never mind whether it was "Loo-iie" or "Lewis": the man was a giant and
a genius, and I think we can all agree on that. Have you guys seen the
home-made footage of Louis and Lucille entertaining Peanuts Hucko and
his wife (I think, on Peanuts' birthday)? It's a marvellous testimony to
human solidarity, love and good humour.

Do I take it from what's been said, that the great Arvell Shaw is no
longer with us?

Yours,

Jim Denham

In message <3DF61C04.E6774ED9@earthlink.net>, Stephen Barbone