[Dixielandjazz] LPs etc to CDs

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:40:17 -0800

> 1.   you have to use Audio CDRs.  The machine will not recognise normal CDRs
> 2.   the machine does not recognise the 'silence' between tracks even with
> some CDs. You cannot put a complete tape or LP on to the CD and then insert
> 'markers'.  Track markers have to be inserted manually.
>
> Audio CDRWs are the answers here and then transfer to you computer burner.

Does your stand-alone have a choice for digital dubbing, as opposed to
analog dubbing?  My Pioneer has such a function called "al-copy" ("all
copy") which makes for complete recognition of all tracks from the
original CD.

Also I tried the CD-RW routine then transfer via computer, and found the
CD-RW to deteriorate after only a couple uses.  But, then again, the box
was dust-covered as I picked it up from the shelf in the store,
--
Etc,

M J "Mike" Logsdon, Cleric, NAORC (http://www.naorc.org)
Chaplain to the Archbishop