[Dixielandjazz] LPs etc to CDs

Norrie Thomson jnt@nosmoth.fsnet.co.uk
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:45:15 -0000

I agree that a digital CD recorder is possibly the best way to transfer from
LP etc to CD. I have been transferring a lot of privately recorded tapes and
MDs this way.  Two points to be aware of are

1.   you have to use Audio CDRs.  The machine will not recognise normal CDRs
2.   the machine does not recognise the 'silence' between tracks even with
some CDs. You cannot put a complete tape or LP on to the CD and then insert
'markers'.  Track markers have to be inserted manually.

Audio CDRWs are the answers here and then transfer to you computer burner.

Norrie

Norrie Thomson
Edinburgh
Scotland