[Dixielandjazz] THE GIG

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 09:47:37 -0500

Way to go Bob. Yeah, there is a VERY VIABLE, LARGE, YOUNG MARKET for this
music. We've already been booked into several High Schools for 2003. These
performances are open to the public at no charge. Are sponsored by various
organizations that use their bulging endowments to "support the arts". And the
local high school and college music classes bring all their kids to these also,
to see the "survivors" of 20th century jazz. Yeah, see the real thing, kids,
before they die. The older folks come automatically, from my promo mailers, and
advertisements the the sponsor pays for.

The "arts" organizations just love to support a non controversial program these
days. They've had enough of the BS that surrounds all that "garbage art" out
there. All a band leader has to do is seek them out, talk to them and the gigs
flow almost automatically. At above union scale wages.

Re your copying the check and sending out to the folks who wouldn't let you
play jazz 50 years ago, remember: "The best revenge is living well."  ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Bob Romans wrote:  (polite snip)