[Dixielandjazz] More Info: Louis Brown

Rebecca Thompson rebecca.e.thompson@verizon.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:20:25 -0600

I just cannot imagine another trombone player with Titan Hot 7 other
than Louis.  He certainly will be missed!

Rebecca

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas K. Sanders [mailto:papabearS@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 5:35 PM
To: rebecca.e.thompson@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Louis Brown

Louis' wife went to bed on Wednesday night while Louis was at his
computer. When she woke up Thursday morning she found him on the floor
next
to the computer. He had had a heart by-pass a number of years ago and
then a
mild heart attack later. Presume it was a heart attack.

Funeral services are Saturday at Woodlawn Memorial. He will be cremated.
Visitation is 1:00PM til funeral at 3:00PM. There will be a band in the
funeral ceremony, but no New Orleans second line because there's no
place to
march to.

After the funeral, there will be the regular Sunday night jazz at
Cumming's
Station. The musicians insisted they wish to play because that's what
Louis
would have wanted.

I imagine there will be a nice crowd there.  At breaks I also imagine
some Louis Brown accolades will be given. I have a few myself to give.

Tommy