[Dixielandjazz] I Remember Louis

kymmi & cows coneyislandgirl@softcom.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:44:47 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C29D14.7EDD1500

As Titan Hot 7's west coast salesgirl, I had the wonderful opportunity =
to befriend and become really close to Louis.  He was more than just one =
of the greatest trombone players, he was my BEST friend who encouraged =
me to do my music.  Last year I made my "debut" with Titans, playing =
"Sister Kate".  Jeff Barnhart was supposed to sing the lyrics but Louis =
grapped the microphone and sang the words instead.  We had shared ice =
cream cones and backrubs and many laughs together.  I have always =
admired his soft, quiet Southern drawl and his wonderful sense of humor. =
 His jokes have made an influence on my stage presence too, and I will =
never forget his stories about Orville, his "invisible pet mule".
He was much too young and gone too soon.  We were just corresponding via =
email a couple days ago.  His death was a huge blow and I miss him =
terribly.  Louis cannot be replaced and touched everyone's lives whom he =
came near.  I cannot believe someone who loved life SO MUCH is gone... I =
love him and wish him well.
kymmi

Jazz Pianist Wannabe- future Jazz Pianist Almostthere
coneyislandgirl@softcom.net
sugarnspice@jazzandjava.com
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C29D14.7EDD1500

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>As Titan Hot 7's west coast salesgirl, I had the wonderful =
opportunity to=20
befriend and become really close to Louis.&nbsp; He was more than just =
one of=20
the greatest trombone players, he was my BEST friend who encouraged me =
to do my=20
music.&nbsp; Last year I made my "debut" with Titans, playing "Sister=20
Kate".&nbsp; Jeff Barnhart was supposed to sing the lyrics but Louis =
grapped the=20
microphone and sang the words instead.&nbsp; We had shared ice cream =
cones and=20
backrubs and many laughs together.&nbsp; I have always admired his soft, =
quiet=20
Southern drawl and his wonderful sense of humor.&nbsp; His jokes have =
made an=20
influence on my stage presence too, and I will never forget his stories =
about=20
Orville, his "invisible pet mule".<BR>He was much too young and gone too =

soon.&nbsp; We were just corresponding via email a couple days =
ago.&nbsp; His=20
death was a huge blow and I miss him terribly.&nbsp; Louis cannot be =
replaced=20
and touched everyone's lives whom he came near.&nbsp; I cannot believe =
someone=20
who loved life SO MUCH is gone... I love him and wish him well.</DIV>
<DIV>kymmi</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jazz Pianist Wannabe- future Jazz Pianist Almostthere<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:coneyislandgirl@softcom.net">coneyislandgirl@softcom.net</=
href=3D"mailto:sugarnspice@jazzandjava.com">sugarnspice@jazzandjava.com</=