[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bob Helm Compositions - Riverside Roustabouts

Bob Shoring bobshoring@california.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:20:43 -0700

There was an album released in the 1950's on the Riverside label that
had all Bob Helm compositions.   He led the band called (I believe),
the "Riverside Roustabouts."  Besides Helm on Clarinet and sax, I'm sure
Ev Farey was on trumpet, but I can't recall the other musicians.

I've only heard a few tunes from this album on the radio, but the music
was great.  Tunes like "Sea Gull Strut" and "Dawn Club Joys."

Is anyone familiar with this album?  Any chance it is being reissued?

--
Regards, Bob Shoring.............San Francisco, California, USA
bobshoring@california.com