[Dixielandjazz] State of Music Today!!!

Randy Fendrick jfendrick@bak.rr.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:03:41 -0700

I was reading a review or rather report in the local newspaper of a Rock
Concert (they use the term loosely) that was given here yesterday and the
reporter mentioned that the now-popular request by male-fronted bands (again
I use the term loosely) for female audience members to bear their breasts,
he commented that many members of the audience thought it rather
distasteful.   Dixieland or jazz content, one 15 year old female commented
that, "If you were any kind of real musician, you wouldn't need to be paid
in (breasts)."  I couldn't have said it better!!!!
I guess that kind of explains the shape of music today!!
No pun intended!

-Randy Fendrick-
Bakersfield Symphony Orchestra
Southside Chicago Seven