[Dixielandjazz] Bob Helms Update

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley@earthlink.net
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:00:33 -0600

Just received this update from Leon Oakley.

"Dear Friends,

Most of you have been aware of Bob's condition, but for those who may have
been recently added to the e-mail list, let me simply say that Marin General
Hospital has released him because they can do no more to extend his life.
The cancer has overcome his 88 year old body and he is now living at the
NORTHGATE CONVALESCENT HOSPITAL
                     40 professional Way  Rm.#5
                       San Rafael, Ca. 94903
                         (415) 479-1230
He has a busy day of visitors today including a group of Jazz fans, Jim
Leigh, Carl Lunsford and Myself,.... that I know about.

He is still in good humor, and very alert. For those who know his wife Kay,
you should know that nephew Craig Dill as arranged for 24/7 for her at their
home in Corte Madera.

Leon."