[Dixielandjazz] Aspen

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:40:01 EDT

Hi All,

This chat about Aspen on the list reminds me of a visit I made there a few
years ago.
My wife and I had planned an overnight stop . Winter had gone, ,just. There
was no snow in the streets but a film company were working in the main street
and bringing lorry loads of the stuff in from outside of town. We watched the
filming, had a meal and retired to our hotel which was at the base of a
mountain on the outskirts of town.
We had just about dropped off to sleep, around 11 pm, when an almighty racket
started outside. Leaping from bed we discovered that the film company was
filming the finale for their film which involved a massive fireworks show
against the backdrop of the mountain. We thoroughly enjoyed the half an hours
display and retired to bed. About 90 minutes later. Bang! The whole thing
started again, a retake I presumed. We didn`t enjoy the fireworks quite as
much the second time around. Finally, back to bed. 2 hours later. Bang! Off
we go again. Hells bells. How much fireworks can one take?.
Back to sleep, half expecting a repeat performance but finally,out, dead to
the world.
Around 4.15 the alarm clock, set by the previous inhabitant of the room, went
off. Make a cup of tea and go back to sleep.
Around 7 am  a stream of traffic began to drive past. Car doors slammed.
Shouts were heard. At 7.30 the building site next to the hotel began to
operate. Diggers, lorries, loaders, hoists all began to clank and their
engines began to roar.
8 am. Breakfast.
8.30 am We are outta here!

Nice place, Aspen, I understand.

Musical Content. `It happened in Sun Valley` (Well thats good enough)

Cheers

PatL