[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bill Bacin

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:29:42 +1000

Dear Kaye,
Unfortunately our mate (yes, he came to Australia several times) passed away in
early 2001.
Herewith the advice received by the DJML.
There were lots of nice things said at the time, as you can imagine.
Kind regards,
Bill.

----------
From: SactoJazzGal@aol.com
To: dixielandjazz@lists.islandnet.com
Subject: [dixielandjazz] Bill Bacin
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 8:39 AM

Bill Bacin, founder of the New Orleans Jazz Club of California (NOJCC), died
on January 13, 2001 at his home in Kerrville, Texas after a short illness.

The NOJCC was intended as a club that would never meet.  Rather, through The
Jazzologist,  it would promote live paid jazz.  Bill published The
Jazzologist, a quarterly  publication, for 20 years.  Upon it's retirement
120 of his friends purchased  the largest  size billboard available along
Bill's favorite route in Kerrville.  It said:

STOV FOR NOJCC
DYKWIMTM BILL BACIN

(Kaye, I was on those who contributed to the cost of the sign.)