[Dixielandjazz] I do in fact mean John Doner

Dick Baker dickbkr@goon.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:26:20 -0400

I guess it's only natural that gents who spend a lot of time playing or
listing to music in beer halls would wander into confusion over dicks and
johns, but no, it was a John Doner, who played trombone and doubled on
flute (don't ask why), who moved from here to Florida in the early '80s.

We gave him a hell of a sendoff:  A big party at Northern Virginia's
favorite jazz joint, which burned down later that night, never to go back
into business.

--
   Dick Baker - Falls Church, Virginia, USA
               dickbkr@goon.org