[Dixielandjazz] Another song for consideration

Paul Reid whadayesay@webtv.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi listmates,
        Benn off he list for quite some time. Went through that thing of
getting back on. Then unsubscribed to venture to the midwest,as far
midwest as Wisconsin. Good to be back.
          OK. Here is my entry for choice (?) songs. I found this whilst
antiquing my way through 78's and sheet music. The digital restoration
I'll address later in another post.
           I found a Hoagy Carmichael gem from 1932 title'd Daybreak.
Both words and music. Very haunting melody and chords. Verse written in
B flat / G minor. Chorus is in E flat, sounds like it is in Gm bops down
to Fm and resolves itself to E flat major at the end of 8 bars, It's a
24 bar tune. The last 8 is divided into a partial 4 bar bridge resolving
to the last four bars of the first 8. Interesting to fool around with as
a morbid ballad such as a gloomy Sunday type.
         Sorry Ingle, I think the Wisconsin mosquito's bit me too many
times.

  Uncle Paul