[Dixielandjazz] 4' 33"

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:00:25 +0000

Listmates,

Regarding the score I have produced for 4' 33" - I ran into a problem while
transcribing the second movement. It's very short (only 20 seconds) but I
couldn't remember the entire melody.

I asked my wife to hum a few bars but, alas, she couldn't.

Fortunately, the other day when I was working around some heavy equipment I
happened to put on my Bose Noise Cancellation Headphones and, voila!, I
heard it all loud and clear.

By the way, John Farrell, if you're there, how about producing a MIDI file
of this composition? I can send you the music and I know the avant gardists
out there who are MIDI compatible would appreciate it.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "I Think I've Had Quite Enough of This Subject, thank you" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com