[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans? in Bryant Park

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:40:29 -0400

List mates:

When I first saw this headline in today's NY Times I thought Wow!!!
N.O. Jazz at Bryant Park. (A large public park in NYC).

Then I read it. Rebecca, you were there no? Were these the festival
highlights? Or is this just how the "Trio Cable Network saw/heard it?

Perhaps the 10 hour broadcast this weekend will have some jazz coverage?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

August 14, 2002 - New York Times

FOOTLIGHTS: NEW ORLEANS IN BRYANT  PARK

      Every spring the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival draws
thousands of music lovers for its blend of homegrown styles and visiting
stars. For those who missed it this year, the Trio cable network is
sponsoring a free screening of its program of festival highlights
tonight at Bryant Park. The one-hour film features India Arie, Counting
Crows, Melissa Etheridge, Irma Thomas, Taj Mahal and Ellis Marsalis. It
will be followed by a live performance by Ms. Arie, who was nominated
for seven Grammy Awards this year for her aptly titled debut album,
"Acoustic Soul." The network will broadcast 10 hours of extended
coverage of the festival on Saturday and Sunday. Information: (212)
413-5547.