[Dixielandjazz] Storyville - Duke Dejan Obit

DE SMET Nadine nadine.DE.SMET@village.uunet.be
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:41:23 +0200

when the District closed in 1917, bands din't stop playing in the tonks and
bars located in that area - Mahogany Hall wasn't torn down until way back
later - When Bill Russell first came to the City, he visited the remains of
the former Storyville District and he took a lot of pictures of buildings
related to the periode before 1917. So why Harold couldn't have been in the
District and been to all these places?

Jempi co-editor of www.thejazzgazette.be