[Dixielandjazz] More Strange Gigs

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:00:54 -0700

During my 17 year sojourn in Tinseltown, I once got a call from a man who
told me that his friend was flying from someplace such as England to the
Philippines.  He had told his friend to stop by Los Angeles on his way
through for a visit.  The person doing the traveling said, "I'll stop in LA
if you'll meet me at the airport with a Dixieland band."

So, in the early 80's when $100 was worth a lot more than it is now, I
supplied a 5 piece band, (I was on banjo) for $100 a piece to go to LAX &
play one song.  Which song, well, "The Saints Go Marchin' in," of course.

Bob
mr.wonderful@ringwald.com
Placerville, CA USA
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV