[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland in Bismarck

Charlie Hooks charliehooks@earthlink.net
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:38:28 -0500

Thanks a bunch, Dan!  I'll definitely follow up on the info.
Farrell's idea seems sound but arduous; would rather join an established
group.  I have enough trouble trying to find the rhythm players even in
Chicago.  Playing drums and playing OKOM drums are not equal activities-- as
Petters will doubtless confirm.

But I'm far from moved yet, and it may never happen until my wife retires
(No Dak teachers' retirement sucks loudly!).  I love cold weather, but
Bismarck gets bad heat, too: it's 101 there today with high humidity.

My wife insists I inform you that she had already told me about the symphony
orchestras around the state.  Women have much better memories than men: they
remember every word ever spoken; they even remember words that never were
spoken, but I no longer point that out.

Appreciatively,
Charlie