[Dixielandjazz] High Society/Little One

AprilGrenadilla@aol.com AprilGrenadilla@aol.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:48:49 EDT

--part1_122.152530bc.2a83ece1_boundary

PLadd36932@aol.com writes:

> The whole film, the music particularly, has an `impromptu` quality

Ok, now you got me started - mixing my favorite music with one of my favorite
subjects, classic movies!! yaaayy..... Frank Sinatra was well known for his
insistence of doing only one take. Bing would do whatever was needed, but he,
too, preferred the one take system as much as possible (especially on the
"Road" pictures when he and Hope would run to the nearest golf course as soon
as they were done). From all of the pictures I have from the set of the
movie, it seems that Pops and the boys kept everyone on cast and crew very
well entertained in between takes (I have no idea how the crew could possibly
concentrate enough to set up for the next shot with such a party going on),
and royalty even joined in on the fun (Prince Rainier I believe proposed to
Grace Kelly during production of this picture).

Which brings me to another point - my grandfather used to sing "Little One"
to me when I still was actually little (as well as "April Showers"), and it
might be pretty neat to give my grandmother the sheet music to that song as a
present. Anyone have any idea where I might get that?

April DeShields
"Straight Ahead and Strive for Tone!"
aprilgrenadilla@aol.com

--part1_122.152530bc.2a83ece1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>PLadd36932@aol.com writes:
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">The whole film, the music particularly, has an `impromptu` quality </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>Ok, now you got me started - mixing my favorite music with one of my favorite subjects, classic movies!! yaaayy..... Frank Sinatra was well known for his insistence of doing only one take. Bing would do whatever was needed, but he, too, preferred the one take system as much as possible (especially on the "Road" pictures when he and Hope would run to the nearest golf course as soon as they were done). From all of the pictures I have from the set of the movie, it seems that Pops and the boys kept everyone on cast and crew very well entertained in between takes (I have no idea how the crew could possibly concentrate enough to set up for the next shot with such a party going on), and royalty even joined in on the fun (Prince Rainier I believe proposed to Grace Kelly during production of this picture).
<BR>
<BR>Which brings me to another point - my grandfather used to sing "Little One" to me when I still was actually little (as well as "April Showers"), and it might be pretty neat to give my grandmother the sheet music to that song as a present. Anyone have any idea where I might get that?
<BR>
<BR>April DeShields
<BR>"Straight Ahead and Strive for Tone!"
<BR>aprilgrenadilla@aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_122.152530bc.2a83ece1_boundary--