[Dixielandjazz] Uh, Excuse Me.....

SonsofRosy@aol.com SonsofRosy@aol.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 23:25:19 EDT

--part1_108.15ee47c3.2a81ed1f_boundary

Mind if I step in for a moment?  Before you all make yourselves too crazy
trying to figure out how a message I didn't send got posted, allow me to
explain.

I did indeed post the "first" message--with the attachment--to the DJML, and
got the following response:

Your mail to 'Dixielandjazz' with the subject
Levinson's Eleven Sons of Rosy
The reason it is being held:
Message body is too big: 3452300 bytes but there's a limit of 100 KB
notification of the moderator's decision.

Well, I didn't see it posted to the list after a day, so I rewrote it without
the attachment, and it was posted immediately.

Believe me, if I had any idea that a message with an attachment would cause
such an uproar, I never would have posted it.  I have high speed internet
service, and it uploaded in a few seconds.  I also have a plan which doesn't
charge me by the minute, so I don't think about how much I am paying when I'm
online a long time.
And lastly, when I begin downloading an attachment, my computer gives me an
approximation of how long the download is going to take.

All of these factors have made sending and receiving attachments a
stress-free process, providing, of course, that I know they are legit and do
not contain a virus.

To all of you who felt you had to sit and wait for the cursed thing to
download, I am deeply sorry.  I indicated in the body of the email that the
attachment more or less duplicated the information I provided in my message.
I certainly never meant to make so many people angry at me.  Wow.  I seem to
have found a quick way to make enemies.  Please accept my apology, and trust
that I will never, NEVER post a message with an attachment to the DJML again.
 Thanks to those of you who spoke up in my defense.

Apparently the road to Hell is paved with attachments.

Dan "Doghouse" Levinson

--part1_108.15ee47c3.2a81ed1f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Mind if I step in for a moment?&nbsp; Before you all make yourselves too crazy trying to figure out how a message I didn't send got posted, allow me to explain.<BR>
<BR>
I did indeed post the "first" message--with the attachment--to the DJML, and got the following response:<BR>
<BR>
Your mail to 'Dixielandjazz' with the subject<BR>
Levinson's Eleven Sons of Rosy<BR>
Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.<BR>
The reason it is being held:<BR>
Message body is too big: 3452300 bytes but there's a limit of 100 KB<BR>
Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive<BR>
notification of the moderator's decision.<BR>
<BR>
Well, I didn't see it posted to the list after a day, so I rewrote it without the attachment, and it was posted immediately.<BR>
<BR>
Believe me, if I had any idea that a message with an attachment would cause such an uproar, I never would have posted it.&nbsp; I have high speed internet service, and it uploaded in a few seconds.&nbsp; I also have a plan which doesn't charge me by the minute, so I don't think about how much I am paying when I'm online a long time.<BR>
And lastly, when I begin downloading an attachment, my computer gives me an approximation of how long the download is going to take.<BR>
<BR>
All of these factors have made sending and receiving attachments a stress-free process, providing, of course, that I know they are legit and do not contain a virus.<BR>
<BR>
To all of you who felt you had to sit and wait for the cursed thing to download, I am deeply sorry.&nbsp; I indicated in the body of the email that the attachment more or less duplicated the information I provided in my message.&nbsp; I certainly never meant to make so many people angry at me.&nbsp; Wow.&nbsp; I seem to have found a quick way to make enemies.&nbsp; Please accept my apology, and trust that I will never, NEVER post a message with an attachment to the DJML again.&nbsp; Thanks to those of you who spoke up in my defense.<BR>
<BR>
Apparently the road to Hell is paved with attachments.<BR>
<BR>
Dan "Doghouse" Levinson<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_108.15ee47c3.2a81ed1f_boundary--