[Dixielandjazz] Levinson's Eleven Sons of Rosy

Tony Davis tony@tony-davis.co.uk
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:34:53 +0100

Dan Levinson wrote (in part)

>  I don't want to break any rules here, so I hope if I am doing so
>  in advertizing this CD, somebody will gently admonish me.

It's not the plug for the CD that I mind; it's sending a two-and-a-half
MEGABYTE attachment to the list.  Please read my lips: SEND MESSAGES IN
PLAIN TEXT ONLY and NO  ATTACHMENTS!!!  NO ATTACHMENTS AT ALL!!!  NOT EVEN
SMALL ONES!!!

This action of yours has wasted something like 15 minutes on my machine and
the same on my partner's machine (she's also a member of DJML).  Our time,
believe it or not, is precious to us, and we don't like spending it sitting
around waiting for monstrosities like this to finish downloading.

>  All you really need to know that you didn't learn in kindergarten is in
>  the body of this message.

So why the hell did you send the attachment??

--
Tony Davis
Trumpet/Cornet, Zenith Hot Stompers