[Dixielandjazz] QuikCop

David Livingston snargi@pacbell.net
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:04:08 -0700

My solution to the QuikCop problem was to create a filter that permentally
deletes the file before I even see it. It amazes me to think that a company
that touts itself as a spam killer sends non-customers emails that basically
are spam.

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com]On Behalf Of Anton Crouch
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 5:51 AM
To: DJML
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] QuikCop

Hello all

The QuikCop inconvenience is probably due to the action of one or more
individual listmates in either using the "service" to deliberately block
DJML messages or not knowing that the block works when the DJML address is
not in their address book.

Either way, it seems that posts to DJML are not affected - the block only
affects the distribution from the DJML server to the individual recipient
with the QuikCop "service". I'll continue to post to DJML and ignore the
QuikCop message, knowing that the post is going to most people.

I agree with Bob Ringwald - do not respond to QuikCop until we know what is
actually happening to any individual "registrations" with the "service".

All the best
Anton