[Dixielandjazz] Phil Kirk, RIP

Kit W Johnson kit at bscjb.com
Mon Oct 11 18:29:00 EDT 2021

I'm sorry to hear this news, Bert. I admired the band that Phil and your
crew put together and looked for opportunities to take a listen whenever the
opportunity presented itself. Exposed me to some great tunes like Martinique
and She's Cryin' for Me that have since become favorites. As you say, rest
in peace and thank you for the music and memories.

Kit W. Johnson

Black Swan Classic Jazz Band

503-970-1251

 <mailto:kit at bscjb.com> kit at bscjb.com

 <http://www.bscjb.com/> www.bscjb.com

A musician has to expect to be excited. There is no way you can be a fine
musician and just be placid and dull. Life involves many exciting
experiences and you express all aspects of life in music just like an actor
would.  ~Arnold Jacobs