[Dixielandjazz] Fw: TSJS presents Dan Levinson's Palomar Jazz Band w/ Molly Ryan LIVESTREAM this Sun 6/6 + Thu 6/10 IN PERSON @ Morris Museum w/ Colin Hancock's Red Hot 8

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Jun 2 08:38:02 EDT 2021

From: Dan Levinson
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 4:59 AM
To: rsr at ringwald.com
Subject: TSJS presents Dan Levinson's Palomar Jazz Band w/ Molly Ryan LIVESTREAM this Sun 6/6 + Thu 6/10 IN PERSON @ Morris Museum w/ Colin Hancock's Red Hot 8

Dan Levinson's Palomar Jazz Band

Photo by Neal Siegal

SUNDAY, JUNE 6

2:00-3:30 PM EDT

The Tri-State Jazz Society

presents

A LIVESTREAM CONCERT

featuring

Dan Levinson's Palomar Jazz Band

with

Molly Ryan

This Sunday, June 6 at 2:00 PM EDT, my Palomar Jazz Band featuring Molly Ryan will be doing another livestream concert for The Tri-State Jazz Society. I've lined up "the usual suspects" for what promises to be a spectacular event! Molly and I will be joined by Mike Davis on trumpet, Jim Fryer on trombone, Dalton Ridenhour on piano, Rob Adkins on bass, and Kevin Dorn on drums. You can tune in one of the following ways:

The TSJS's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/tristatejazz

The TSJS's YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAGo0GrlniMdppz2MfJbuxw

The TSJS's homepage

http://tristatejazz.com

PLEASE JOIN US!

There's more info at http://tristatejazz.com/next-concert/dan-levinson-s-palomar-jazz-band-with-molly-ryan?fbclid=IwAR3V09o8XGUbY_udL_EgnoGBwdEsxd7FFEPd8f1oM5CiGRWgqNNrzYEGToY

Vince Giordano, Albanie Falletta, Kevin Dorn, Dan Levinson, Colin Hancock, & Mike Davis

Jazz on the Back Deck - October 1, 2020

Photo by Jack Grassa

There are only a few seat blocks left for the show I'm doing on Thursday, June 10 for the Morris Museum's Jazz on the Back Deck Series. I'll be joining Grammy-nominated cornetist and jazz historian Colin Hancock and an all-star band for an exciting program called "Sounds of the Jazz Age", which will feature the captivating music from that era. Colin will use his encyclopedic knowledge of early sound recording techniques to record the band on cylinder using vintage equipment! Vince Giordano - leader of the world-renowned Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks - will be with us on a variety of bass instruments.

THURSDAY, JUNE 10

(rain date: Friday, June 11)

8:00 PM

The Morris Museum's Jazz on the Back Deck Series

presents

SOUNDS OF THE JAZZ AGE

with

COLIN HANCOCK'S RED HOT EIGHT

Colin Hancock, cornet

Mike Davis, trombone/vocals

Dan Levinson, alto sax/clarinet

Troy Anderson, tenor sax/clarinet

Arnt Arntzen, banjo/vocals

Albanie Falletta, guitar/vocals

Vince Giordano, tuba/bass sax/bass/vocals

Julian Johnson, drums

The Morris Museum

6 Normandy Heights Rd.

Morristown, NJ 07960

Tickets/Info: https://morrismuseum.org/events/sounds-of-the-jazz-age-with-colin-hancocks-red-hot-eight

Box Office: (973) 971-3706

Morris Museum outdoor events general info: https://morrismuseum.org/outdoor-events

Please remember to bring your own chairs and refreshments!

THIS CONCERT IS NOT A LIVESTREAM

We'll actually be performing in person

(What a concept!)

*****

COMPACT DISC CORNER*

Available on the Shop page at www.danlevinson.com

Direct link: https://danlevinson.bandcamp.com

*These items not available in stores!

(there are no stores)

Featured Article:

What is a "Compact Disc"?

THE NEW YORK ALL-STAR BIG BAND directed by James Langton

The Unheard Artie Shaw

Hep Records 2017

MOLLY RYAN

Let's Fly Away

Loup-garous Productions 2015

MOLLY RYAN

Swing for Your Supper!

Loup-garous Productions 2013

THE MORGANVILLE FOUR

(Nicki Parrott, Bria Skonberg, Dan Levinson, & Gordon Webster)

Alone with My Dream

JazzRules LLC 2012

DAN LEVINSON'S TRANS-ATLANTIC SAXTETTE

Invokes the Six Brown Brothers

Stomp Off Records 2009

DAN LEVINSON & his SWING WING

At the Codfish Ball

Loup-garous Productions 2009

MOLLY RYAN

Songbird in the Moonlight

Loup-garous Productions 2008

DAN LEVINSON & his CANARY COTTAGE DANCE ORCHESTRA

Steppin ' Around

Stomp Off Records 2007

DAN LEVINSON & his CANARY COTTAGE DANCE ORCHESTRA

Crinoline Days

Stomp Off Records 2005

THE BIX CENTENNIAL ALL STARS

Celebrating Bix!

Arbors Records 2003

DAN LEVINSON'S ROOF GARDEN JASS BAND

Echoes in the Wax

Stomp Off Records 2003

DAN LEVINSON'S ELEVEN SONS OF ROSY

Where the Morning Glories Grow:

A Centennial Remembrance of Rosy McHargue

Loup-garous Productions 2002

DAN LEVINSON'S ROOF GARDEN JASS BAND

Blue Roses of Far and Near

Stomp Off Records 2000 (reissued by Loup-garous Productions in 2017)

DAN LEVINSON'S ROOF GARDEN JASS BAND

Salutes the ODJB and the Beginning of Recorded Jazz

Loup-garous Productions 1998

*****

www.danlevinson.com

            This email was sent to rsr at ringwald.com
            why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
            Dan Levinson · 14 Washington Pl Apt 10I · New York, NY 10003-6664 · USA