[Dixielandjazz] July Syncopated Times

Joe Bebco joe.syncopatedtimes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 12:14:17 EDT 2021

The July issue is now online. https://syncopatedtimes.com/July-2021/

Featuring Mathew de Lacy Davidson, jazzman and activist Frankie
Newton, Sweet Megg and Ricky Alexander, Charlie Christian, Jimmy
Blanton, The Early History of the Galvanized Jazz Band, recording
pioneer Silas Leachman, Field recordings of jazz in the Philippines
during WW2, Colin Hancock's album of Collegiate Jazz, The Stan Kenton
Orchestra at 80, Seger Elis, early Benny Goodman, Irving Fazola,
Brandon Byrne on "Cotton Bolls", Duncan Swift, Emily Asher, Artie
Shae, Alpha Rhythm Kings, Risa Branch, Parlour Noir, Pete Malinverni &
Juliet Kurtzman. We review the online versions of the Scott Joplin
Ragtime Festival and the Old Time Piano Contest, and preview a number
of live and in person events. We also Remember American Rag publisher
Don Jones, Sonny Helmer, Bob Shroeder and others.

Joe Bebco
Associate Editor
SyncopatedTimes.com (315) 507-5490
A monthly newspaper covering Hot Jazz, Ragtime, and Swing.