[Dixielandjazz] Two More Gone

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jan 6 18:50:56 EST 2021

> On 7 Jan 2021, at 12:48 AM, Robert Ringwald <rsr at ringwald.com> wrote:
> Burt Wilson, trombonist and leader of the Silver Dollar Jazz Band has passed. He had the first dixieland band in the original Shakey’s Pizza Parlor in 1954 in Sacramento.

Dear Bob Ringwald, Bob Romans and Listmates,
I am sorry to hear that sad news.
I recall Burt as a much younger and early DJML contributor.
And his email dated 30 April 2006:

<Regarding: >Yes, it's called "Shakey & Me." EAsy to order. Just send $13 to
Burt Wilson, 1830 Bell St. #1, Sacramento, CA 95825.<

To which I replied:

"Dear Burt (and Bob),
I'm sure a few of us outside jazz fans would like to have this book.
However, this would certainly involve extra postage and packing costs.
Perhaps an 'overseas' price could be set for we foreigners.
Very kind regards,
Bill."

His immediate response was to generously send me a signed complimentary copy.
A jolly good read too.
I am looking at it now and will leave it out to re-read it again during my 'lockdown' here.
Cheers,
Bill.