[Dixielandjazz] January 2021 Syncopated Times

Joe Bebco joe.syncopatedtimes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 16:53:39 EST 2021

Our 60th issue is live on the website! That's five full years of
issues since our launched in February 2016

https://syncopatedtimes.com/january-2021/

In this issue: Jen Hodge of British Columbia, Drew Nugent of Philly,
Yank Lawson & Bob Haggart, Chris Tyle on King Oliver, A millennial's
obsession with 78s, The Casa Loma Orchestra, Coot Grant, P.T. Stanton,
the Ma Rainey film, pianist Tony Desare, Adrian Cunningham on playing
with Vince Giordano's Nighthawks, a noteworthy James P. Johnson
centennial, songs to avoid, Crawfish Wallet of France, Chris Hopkins
meets the Jazz Kangaroos, Film Noir, Hal Smith and Jeff Barnhart on
12th Street Rag before and after Pee Wee Hunt, Axel Schlosser, Andre
Villeger & Philippe Milanta, West London Rhythm Kings, Peter Nissen,
profiles of Charlotte Dickison of the Olympia Jazz Fest and our own
Lew Shaw, bass drums in the early recording period, Dan Zeilinger’s
Trad Jazz Today, Jazz Puzzles #4, Grammy Nominations for Rivermont and
Archeophone, The West Coast Ragtime Fest, and much more!

Enjoy!

Joe Bebco
Associate Editor
SyncopatedTimes.com (315) 507-5490
A monthly newspaper covering Hot Jazz, Ragtime, and Swing.