[Dixielandjazz] birthday video

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Sat Apr 24 11:58:31 EDT 2021

That was great, Jim!  Happy Birthday.

Ron L

From: jim at kashprod.com [mailto:jim at kashprod.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 9:30 AM
To: Ron
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] birthday video

Yesterday I reached a rather important birthday.  Normally, the rest of the
band members would sing Happy Birthday to the Birthday boy on a gig, but of
course we aren't able to play anyplace now due to the pandemic.  Instead,
present & past members put together an absolutely fantastic video using our
music from live gigs, and my voice dubbed to their faces, as though they
were singing (most don't speak any English!).  The video is 8 minutes, but
stick with it for some decent Dixieland, and to pick up a bit of Spanish!

The video opens with our music dubbed to puppets, and the voice singing to
me is actually our trumpeter of about 40 yrs who passed away several years
ago.  Talk about instant tears!!!

Here's the link on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b1Zrj5VxVo
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b1Zrj5VxVo&t=78s> &t=78s

Jim