[Dixielandjazz] FW: The Mysterious Disappearance of Glenn Miller |Documentary | Unsolved My...

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Apr 6 11:28:51 EDT 2021

Hi Ross,

As you may or may not know, my trumpet player in the Great Pacific JB when I lived in Los ANGELES, Zeke Zarchy was Glen Miller’s best friend. Zeke played first trumpet in the Glen Miller Army Air Force band. He told us a lot of stories about playing all the concerts, radio shows, during the war, etc.

One evening after a rehearsal, Zeke started telling us about Miller leaving to fly to France to prepare things for the band to fly over in a couple days.

When the band arrived in France, they were surprised that Glen was not there to meet them.

He told us about them taking the band somewhere and then telling them that the Major was missing.

Zeke said that the only true things in the film, The Glen Miller Story was that Miller was married and he played trombone.

Zeke was in the band when the buzz bomb came over while they were giving a concert. Zeke said while they were playing, he could see the bomb flying right over them.

-Bo