[Dixielandjazz] Marek Boym

frankfarb at aol.com frankfarb at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 08:36:48 EDT 2021

Joe,
Regret to inform you that our good friend, Marek Boym passed last Tuesday, March 31, a few days after his 80th birthday.  He had battled pancreatic cancer for several months.
Marek was truly a one of kind.  His encyclopedic knowledge of our music was beyond belief. As I tell it "Marek could not only name the main instrumentalist but also name all the side-men in an obscure recording!".
He was the founder of our Thursday night Jazz listening group here in Israel. They have been meeting weekly for more than 50 years.  It was my good fortune to discover them about ten years ago. With Marek's guidance I increased my appreciation of our music many times over. He also became a good drinking buddy, his knowledge of good scotch was also excellent!.
We will miss him.
Regards
Frank