[Dixielandjazz] having fun with Jazz

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Wed Sep 23 12:06:21 EDT 2020

Over the years, I’ve found several little “tricks” that the audiences always
enjoy. One of those consists of trading the hand for the foot on the slide
sometimes to end up a gig.  Always a crowd pleaser.  Don’t mind putting on a
little show, as we spend most of our 1.5 hr concerts making sure we give the
audience some pretty good Jazz.

That, of course, when we were actually giving concerts.  Nothing at all
since last March due to the virus.  No clubs are open, nor do they look like
they will be able to open soon.  Still, I get the horn out every afternoon
and spend some time on the horn.  Gotta have the chops in shape for when we
DO go back to playing together live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZDfPMhrZrk

(Note:  for those of you on the list who don’t have your sight, I don´t play
out of tune when I´m playing with my hand, but 1st.  position on the slide
can be nasty when using a 79 yr old leg!)

Keep well, Jim