[Dixielandjazz] mystery tune

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Wed Sep 2 13:13:43 EDT 2020

>From: "Robert Ringwald" <rsr at ringwald.com>
>I got one answer:
>?Forever He Reigns?, by John Stewart.
>
>From: Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>
>
>Good morning Bob,
>Surely not.
>https://www.reverbnation.com/almostthere8/songs
>The mystery tune is familiar.
>My guess it's a group like the South Frisco Jazz Band with a guest
>reedman (Bob Helm?) but not the session I have on Stomp Off CD1143

It sounds very familiar to me, and my immediate reaction is that it's
by one of the many European hot dance bands that were so prevalent
1960-90, like Limehouse in the Netherlands or the Jazz Fiddlers in
Prague.  I have dozens of recordings by such bands--which is why it's
impractical for me to go looking for it among them.

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org