[Dixielandjazz] Kress Horn Charles Suhor

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri May 29 00:05:39 EDT 2020

Dan, I Googled  Kress horn  and got, among other links, your DJML post below, dated 1/2/14, with mention of the Coda mag cover. Google has oodles, maybe all, of the DJMLm posts.—Charles Suhor

Hi all,
As Charles has pointed out Buglin' Sam was probably too young to have
influenced Armstrong but for those interested there is a photo of him on the
waffle wagon in Rose and Souchon's New Orleans Jazz a Family Album. He
played what looks like an ordinary US army bugle more like a trumpet then
the British Army one. The drawing of the Kress horn on the Coda magazine
website I referred to in a previous posting seems a bit exaggerated but it
does give the general idea.
regards
Dan Hardie

http://tinyurl.com/nqaup