[Dixielandjazz] Coronavirus Shut-down

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 17:20:18 EDT 2020

Hi Jim et al,

You could always write a few charts or some new tunes for your band.
I'll be doing a bit of that, although whether any of it will ever be
played is a moot point. Here in Scotland, the summer festivals are
booking just now, so musicians and bookers are busy exchanging emails,
but not contracts - all gigs are TBCs now (for non-English speakers TBC
is shorthand for To Be Confirmed).

There's a commendable initiative in Scotland, where a National Jazz
Archive is being set up in conjunction with a couple of Universities, so
something else I'll be doing while stuck in limbo, is dredging through
what's left of my memory to write about the jazz scene in Glasgow from
the late 1950s through to recent times. There's also a huge pile of
unread books to read, so I don't think I'm going to be stuck for things
to occupy my time, but if I am, there's always practice on the
instrument and that never goes away!

Carpe diem and keep well!

Ken