[Dixielandjazz] Wil Sargisson

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 8 14:10:10 EDT 2020

Or do I mean boogie Brahms Lisztian??????
James P. Johnson and Fats Waller as Boogie pianists?How's about Daniel Barenboim, Artur Schnabel, Cecil Taylor, or the very recently departed McCoy Tyner.
A musically very nice demonstration of virtuosity we were recommended to but as I observed on You Tube

very impressive, beginning with Earl Hines' so-called Boogie Woogie on St. Louis Blues, and then something no more Boogie Woogie than -- I'm sure somebody else could give the number a name -- the "Handful of Keys" with which he concludes. If this accomplished pianist believes he was playing Boogie Woogie when the above clip was recorded he should be disabused of that delusion though he should NOT stop playing.Robert R. Calder