[Dixielandjazz] Boogie woogie

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 03:47:27 EST 2020

As Juliet  says to Romeo, "what's in a name?"
I don't really care what one calls whatever music - boogie woogie seems to
be the generic name with which I've grown up.  Yes, I know that some people
differentiate between "piano blues" and "boogie woogie," but I don't
believe it really matters.  Lot's of musicians known as "boogie woogie
pianists" have played slow blues with tremendous momentum - Albert Ammons,
Meade Lux Lewis, Jimmy Yancey - you name them!
The main thing is - whether they are playing well!
Cheers,
Marek