[Dixielandjazz] Brooks Kerr

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:26:39 EDT 2020

Many a moon ago, sometime in the '70's, a young white blind pianist visited
Israel, accompanied by Al Morgan on bassand Panama Francis on drums.  I
convinced some friends to go - they had never heard his name.  The show was
wonderful!
I was reminded of it when I listened to his 1975 album Soda Fountain Rag on
Chiaroscuro.
After the show we tried to invite them to an adjacent jazz club.  The way I
remember it, only Panama Francis came with us, to hear a group led by a not
very swinging drummer!
Oh, well, memories, memories...
Cheers (just having an Affligem Belgian ale),
Marek