[Dixielandjazz] Torch song

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 29 16:48:04 EDT 2020

I couldn't resist a reference to TORCH in a recent mail --to go with all those liver/ lover parodies of the past
(cf. "When your liver has gone"  etc.)

THE TORCH OF HER LIPS  or p p, p

When I hear or read about kisses burning
I'll always remember without a doubt
these evenings since you felt the torch of her lipswhen she'd not taken her cigarette out

as she might have done -- the first of my tipsfor those who'd spoon/ canoodle in the darkwithout a tear of pain which drips and nips
when you've literally struck upon a spark

is though it's fine, friend, you may kiss my sister,you really ought not to wail and complain
how your poor foresight inflicted a blisterwhich caused wider experience of pain
as your bell emitted those off-pitch peals.Pause playing, please, until your embouchure heals!

RRC